Have you came across a file with the .sc2archive extension, but it is a file you have never seen before? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. That’s why you are here! We have made this guide for you to learn more about the .sc2archive file extension and how to open it.
What is a .SC2ARCHIVE file?
The .SC2ARCHIVE file extension is from Blizzard StarCraft 2 Archive File. This file extension was developed by Blizzard Entertainment. The format of this
What to know
There are currently 3 software that can open the .sc2archive file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .SC2ARCHIVE file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .SC2ARCHIVE file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .SC2ARCHIVE file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .sc2archive file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .SC2ARCHIVE file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Blizzard StarCraft 2 software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .SC2ARCHIVE file on Mac
To open the .sc2archive file on Mac, please follow these 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Finding your .SC2ARCHIVE file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Blizzard StarCraft 2 software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .SC2ARCHIVE file?
If you are still unable to open the .SC2ARCHIVE file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .SC2ARCHIVE file –