Have you downloaded a file with .scl extension, but you are not sure what it is? It is possible that you know what the file does, but you are unsure on how to open it. That’s why you are here! We have made this guide for you to learn more about the .scl file extension and how to open it.
What is a .SCL file?
The file extension .SCL stands for Sibelius Chord Diagram Library. This file extension belongs to the developer Avid. The file is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .scl file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .SCL file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .SCL file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .SCL file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
There are 4 simple steps to open the .scl file on Windows.
Step 2: Locating your .SCL file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Avid Sibelius software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .SCL file on Mac
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .scl file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Finding your .SCL file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Avid Sibelius software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .SCL file?
If you cannot open the .SCL file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. The .SCL file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: