Have you came across a file with the .sdf extension and you don’t know what it is? It is possible that you know what the file does, but you are unsure on how to open it. Fear not, in this article we will show you how to easily open the .sdf file in few simple steps on various systems.
What is a .SDF file?
The file extension .SDF is from Spatial Data Format File.This file extension was developed by Autodesk. The file is a
What to know
There are currently 4 software that can open the .sdf file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .SDF file?
Below we have written a comprehensive guide on how to open the .SDF file on various operating systems.
How to open a .SDF file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .sdf file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Locating your .SDF file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the MapGuide Open Source software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .SDF file on Linux
The .sdf file can be opened in 4 steps on Linux.
Step 2: Locate the .SDF file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Hover over the “Open with” button
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Open the file choosing the software
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the MapGuide Open Source software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Linux.
Still cannot open the .SDF file?
If you cannot open the .SDF file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. The .SDF file extension is similar to other file extensions such as:
In this article you have learned how to open the .SDF file with the