Have you downloaded a file with .slddrw extension, but you are not sure what it is? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. That’s why you are here! We have made this guide for you to learn more about the .slddrw file extension and how to open it.
What is a .SLDDRW file?
The file extension .SLDDRW comes from SolidWorks Drawing File. This file extension was developed by Dassault Systemes. The format of this
What to know
There are currently 2 software that can open the .slddrw file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .SLDDRW file?
In this part of the article we will show you how to open the .SLDDRW file on various operating systems.
How to open a .SLDDRW file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
The .slddrw file can be opened in 4 steps on Windows.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Locating your .SLDDRW file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Dassault Systemes SolidWorks eDrawings Viewer software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .SLDDRW file on Mac
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .slddrw file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Finding your .SLDDRW file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Dassault Systemes SolidWorks eDrawings Viewer software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .SLDDRW file?
If you cannot open the .SLDDRW file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .SLDDRW file –
In this article you have learned how to open the .SLDDRW file with the