Have you downloaded a file with .smali extension, but you have never seen this extension before? Perhaps you know what the file is, but you simply don’t know how to open it. That’s why you are here! We have made this guide for you to learn more about the .smali file extension and how to open it.
What is a .SMALI file?
The .SMALI file extension is Android Smali Assembly Language File. This file extension belongs to the developer Google. The file has the text format, and it is a
What to know
There are currently 2 software that can open the .smali file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .SMALI file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .SMALI file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .SMALI file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .smali file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .SMALI file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Notepad++ software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .SMALI file on Mac
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .smali file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Finding your .SMALI file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Apple TextEdit software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .SMALI file?
If you are still unable to open the .SMALI file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. The .SMALI file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: