While downloading files, you might have downloaded a file with the .tar.z extension. It is possible that you know what the file does, but you are unsure on how to open it. That’s why we have made this article! You will learn how to open the .tar.z file extension on various systems, what it is and how to work with it.
What is a .TAR.Z file?
The file extension .TAR.Z is from Zipped Tarball File.The developer of this file extension is The GNU Project. The file is a
What to know
There are currently 3 software that can open the .tar.z file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .TAR.Z file?
Below we have written a comprehensive guide on how to open the .TAR.Z file on various operating systems.
How to open a .TAR.Z file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
To open the .tar.z file on Windows, please follow these 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .TAR.Z file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Corel WinZip software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .TAR.Z file on Mac
To open the .tar.z file on Mac, please follow these 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Finding your .TAR.Z file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the The Unarchiver software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .TAR.Z file?
If you are still unable to open the .TAR.Z file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .TAR.Z file –