While downloading files, you might have downloaded a file with the .toc extension. It is important to know how to open this file – in order to be able to work with it. Don’t worry! This article explains everything about the .toc file extension, how to open and work with it on various systems.
What is a .TOC file?
The file extension .TOC is from World of Warcraft Add-on Table of Contents File.It was developed by Blizzard Entertainment. This
What to know
There are currently 2 software that can open the .toc file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .TOC file?
Below we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to open the .TOC file on various operating systems.
How to open a .TOC file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
To open the .toc file on Windows, please follow these 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Locating your .TOC file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Addon Studio for World of Warcraft software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .TOC file on Mac
To open the .toc file on Mac, please follow these 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Finding your .TOC file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Blizzard World of Warcraft software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .TOC file?
If you cannot open the .TOC file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .TOC file –