Have you came across a file with the .udf extension and you don’t know what it is? Perhaps you know what the file is, but you simply don’t know how to open it. That’s why we have made this article! You will learn how to open the .udf file extension on various systems, what it is and how to work with it.
What is a .UDF file?
The .UDF file extension stands for Universal Disk Format File. The developer of this file extension is Optical Storage Technology Association. The file has the binary format, and it is a
What to know
There are currently 2 software that can open the .udf file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .UDF file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .UDF file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .UDF file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
To open the .udf file on Windows, please follow these 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .UDF file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the 7-Zip software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .UDF file on Mac
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .udf file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Finding your .UDF file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Roxio Popcorn software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .UDF file?
If you are still unable to open the .UDF file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .UDF file –