Have you downloaded a file with .vox extension, but you are not sure what it is? It is important to know how to open this file – in order to be able to work with it. Fear not, in this article we will show you how to easily open the .vox file in few simple steps on various systems.
What is a .VOX file?
The .VOX file extension is Voxlap Voxel Model File. The development of this file was done by Ken Silverman. This
What to know
There are currently 2 software that can open the .vox file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .VOX file?
Below we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to open the .VOX file on various operating systems.
How to open a .VOX file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .vox file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .VOX file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the MagicaVoxel software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .VOX file on Mac
To open the .vox file on Mac, please follow these 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Finding your .VOX file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the MagicaVoxel software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .VOX file?
If you are still unable to open the .VOX file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .VOX file –