Have you downloaded a file with .vwx extension, but you are not sure what it is? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. That’s why we have made this article! You will learn how to open the .vwx file extension on various systems, what it is and how to work with it.
What is a .VWX file?
The .VWX file extension comes from Vectorworks Design File. This file extension was developed by Nemetschek. This file belongs to the binary format and it is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .vwx file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .VWX file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .VWX file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .VWX file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
There are 4 simple steps to open the .vwx file on Windows.
Step 2: Locating your .VWX file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Nemetschek Vectorworks software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .VWX file on Mac
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .vwx file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Finding your .VWX file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Nemetschek Vectorworks software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .VWX file?
If you are still unable to open the .VWX file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. The .VWX file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: