Have you downloaded a file with .wld extension, but you have never seen this extension before? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. Thanks to this easy guide you will be able to find out what .wld file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .WLD file?
The file extension .WLD is ESRI World File. This file extension was developed by ESRI. This file belongs to the text format and it is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .wld file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .WLD file?
Below we have written a comprehensive guide on how to open the .WLD file on various operating systems.
How to open a .WLD file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
There are 4 simple steps to open the .wld file on Windows.
Step 2: Locating your .WLD file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the GDAL software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .WLD file on Linux
There are 4 simple steps to open the .wld file on Linux.
Step 2: Locate the .WLD file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Hover over the “Open with” button
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Open the file choosing the software
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the GDAL software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Linux.
Still cannot open the .WLD file?
If you cannot open the .WLD file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .WLD file –