Have you downloaded a file with .wmo extension, but you have never seen this extension before? It is important to know how to open this file – in order to be able to work with it. In this article we will explain what .wmo file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .WMO file?
The .WMO file extension comes from World of Warcraft World Map Object. This file extension belongs to the developer Blizzard Entertainment. The file is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .wmo file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .WMO file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .WMO file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .WMO file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .wmo file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Locating your .WMO file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Blizzard World of Warcraft software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .WMO file on Mac
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .wmo file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Finding your .WMO file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Blizzard World of Warcraft software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .WMO file?
If you are still unable to open the .WMO file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. The .WMO file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: