Have you came across a file with the .xml extension and you don’t know what it is? It is possible that you know what the file does, but you are unsure on how to open it. Don’t worry! This article explains everything about the .xml file extension, how to open and work with it on various systems.
What is a .XML file?
The file extension .XML stands for XML File. This
What to know
There are currently 7 software that can open the .xml file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .XML file?
Below we have written a comprehensive guide on how to open the .XML file on various operating systems.
How to open a .XML file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
The .xml file can be opened in 4 steps on Windows.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Locating your .XML file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Altova XMLSpy software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .XML file on Mac
The .xml file can be opened in 4 steps on Mac.
Step 2: Finding your .XML file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the JAPISoft EditiX software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .XML file?
If you are still unable to open the .XML file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. The .XML file extension is similar to other file extensions such as:
In this article you have learned how to open the .XML file with the