What do I do if my laptop is stuck while updating?
How to fix a stuck Windows 10 update
- Make sure the updates really are stuck.
- Turn it off and on again.
- Check the Windows Update utility.
- Run Microsoft’s troubleshooter program.
- Launch Windows in Safe Mode.
- Go back in time with System Restore.
- Delete the Windows Update file cache yourself.
- Launch a thorough virus scan.
Why does ASUS update take so long?
The time it takes for an update depends on a lot of factors including the age of your machine and the speed of your internet connection. Even though it might take a couple of hours for some users, but for a lot of users, it takes more than 24 hours despite having a good internet connection and a high-end machine.
How long does it take for an ASUS laptop to update?
The software upgrade process may take up to 30-35 minutes (depends on Internet speed). Don’t disconnect the device from the computer or power off the device until the update completes.
What do I do if my Asus laptop is stuck?
Please turn off the laptop (press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds until the Power light is OFF to force shut down), then press and hold the Power button for 40 seconds to do CMOS reset. Re-install the battery (for removable battery models) and connect the AC adapter, then try to restart your laptop.Dec 30, 2021