Why is my DVD burner not working?
If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. Open Device Manager, highlight and remove the CD-ROM by pressing the delete key. After deleting the CD-ROM, reboot the computer. Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.Jun 30, 2020
How do I reset my DVD RW?
Right click the CDDVD-RW Drive to view the menu options pop up menu. Select Erase this disc and when prompted, click Next to erase the files. When the files are erased, the disc can then be used to store more files.
How do you fix a DVD that is not detected?
What can I do if the DVD driver for Windows 10 is not detected?
- Delete the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers from Device Manager.
- Create new registry keys.
- Check if your DVD drive is properly connected.
- Set your DVD drive as the first boot device in BIOS.
- Remove Virtual Drive Software.
- Use the Hardware Troubleshooter.