What is Bonjour printer Mac?
Bonjour, also known as zero-configuration networking, enables automatic discovery of computers, devices, and services on Internet Protocol (IP) networks. Bonjour uses in- dustry standard IP protocols to allow devices to automatically discover each other with- out the need to enter IP addresses or configure DNS servers.
How do I add a Bonjour printer to my Mac?
To add the Printer for Bonjour
- From the computer Applications folder or from the dock, open System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- For the list of printers, click the Plus icon (+).
- At the top of the window, click the Default icon.
- Select your printer from the list, then click Add.
What is Bonjour on my printer?
What is Bonjour? Bonjour is an automatic network discovery service for Printers. It simply consists of IPP, combined with printer discovery. Bonjour is a default network protocol that comes out of the box with most printers.
How do I use Bonjour on Mac?
Bonjour is already on your mac. To add a bonjour printer, the printer must be hooked up into the network and compatable with Lion. Once connected, open up the printer icon in system preferences and click the + sign to add a printer. Then click on the default icon in the window that will open up.