What is Fn key on Acer laptop?
The Fn key in Acer computers can be used with the up-down and left-right arrows keys for various functions including increasing or decreasing the brightness of the screen, changing the volume of the speakers or office software shortcuts.
How do I enable the Fn key on my Acer laptop?
FAQ & Answers
- Turn off the unit.
- Use the right-arrow or left-arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration option.
- Use the up-arrow or down-arrow keys to navigate to the Action Keys Mode option, and then press the “Enter” key to display the Enable / Disable menu.
- Select the desired mode.
How do I use the function keys on my Acer keyboard?
To activate hotkeys, press and hold the <Fn> key before pressing the other key in the hotkey combination.
How do I turn off FN on my Acer laptop?
The laptop must have advanced BIOS options for the “Fn” key to be disabled.
- Turn on your computer.
- Use the right arrow to move to the “System Configuration” menu.
- Press the down arrow to navigate to the “Action Keys Mode” option.
- Press “Enter” to switch the settings to disabled.