What is the point of having 2 Ethernet ports?
Motherboards having two Ethernet ports/LANs enable you to share web connection, documents, and even a printer with computers in proximity. Two Ethernet ports allow you to interconnect computers within a small area without using a router. This means that your laptop will function as a middleware.
Is dual Ethernet faster?
1) Running dual cables to your router will not increase speed of downloading from the Internet, unless you are running from two separate lines/services & are connected to separate routers. 2) You get the speed increase for your local network or LAN by bridging the network connection.
How do I configure two Ethernet ports?
- Connect the controller via Ethernet port 1 to the switch/hub with access to the DHCP server.
- Enable the IP Reset DIP switch on the controller.
- Reboot the controller by pressing RESET.
- Wait for the controller to reboot and disable the IP Reset DIP switch.
- Open Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX).
How do I bridge two Ethernet ports?
How to Bridge Two Ethernet Cards Together
- Open the Start screen by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Hold the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard and click on the two icons representing the Ethernet cards you want to bridge.
- Right-click either of the selected icons and click “Bridge Connections.”