Why can’t I change the brightness on my monitor?
Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options and check that your power options aren’t affecting the brightness on your screen. While there, check that the brightness isn’t automatically adjusted by your PC or laptop. Update your display drivers.
What to do if brightness key is not working in Windows 8?
How To Fix Screen Brightness Not Working In Windows 8/8.1/10
- Goto Windows Search and type “Device Manager” and click settings.
- Find display adapters Open the Display adapters and extract it.
- Right click on the graphics card and click “Update Driver Software“.
- Now select “Browse my computer for driver software” manually.
How do I fix my brightness not going up?
Why is this an Issue?
- Fixed: can’t adjust brightness on Windows 10.
- Update your Display Adapter Drivers.
- Update your Drivers Manually.
- Update your Driver automatically.
- Adjust the brightness from Power Options.
- Re-enable your PnP Monitor.
- Delete hidden devices under PnP Monitors.
- Fix an ATI bug via registry Editor.
Why brightness function is not working?
The brightness issue may be related to the current graphics card driver. First, check that your display adapter is enabled in the device manager (similar to the method above). If the previous method did not help, try updating the video adapter driver automatically (if not disabled). Open the Device Manager ( devmgmt.