Why has my Sony Soundbar stopped working?
While your TV and audio device (Sound Bar, Home Theater System, or Home Audio System) are off, verify that the cables between the TV and Audio device are securely connected. NOTE: Disconnect the HDMI cables, then reconnect them again. Make sure that your TV has an ARC or eARC/ARC label on the HDMI jack.
How do I reset my Sony sound bar?
How to reset the Soundbar
- On the unit, press and hold the + (volume up) button, (power) button, and (input select) button for more than five seconds to reset the system.
- Unplug the AC power cord.
- Plug the AC power cord back in again, and press the (power) button to turn on the unit.
What would cause a sound bar to stop working?
Most soundbar issues result from improper connection, an incorrect device setting, a poor physical arrangement. Most fixes are fairly simple, though some may require some time to troubleshoot.
How do I get my Sony Soundbar to work?
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable (sold separately) to the HDMI IN port on your TV.
- Connect the other end to the TV OUT (ARC) port on your sound bar.
- Then, connect an optical audio cable from the TV’s Optical digital audio out to OPTICAL IN on your sound bar (this is necessary to hear the TV audio).