Why is my Klipsch subwoofer humming?
How do I fix the hum on my amp?
- Turn the volume control up and down. Does the hum in your speakers go up and down with volume?
- Select different inputs. Does the hum go away?
- Disconnect all inputs. Remove the cables connecting the receiver, power amplifier, or device powering your speakers.
How do you fix a humming subwoofer?
- Change the polarity of the subwoofer’s connection. This is probably the most straightforward fix to try because all it involves is reversing the power plug’s orientation.
- Reverse other plugs.
- Separate the cables.
- Switch outlets.
- Use an audio isolation transformer.
What causes a powered subwoofer to hum?