Why is my LG TV unresponsive?
If your LG TV is not responding to the remote, try replacing the batteries. Also, perform a power cycle on the remote and the TV to get rid of any temporary bugs and glitches. In addition to these, I have also mentioned other fixes such as updating the TV, checking for interference, and using a universal remote.
Is there a reset button on a LG TV?
Press the Smart button on your remote, then click the Gear icon in the top right, then General > Reset to Initial Settings.
How do I force my LG TV to reboot?
Follow these steps: Press and hold the volume and power keys for about 12 seconds. Release the keys when you see the LG bootup logo
Reboot the Operating System
- Turn the TV on.
- Hold down the on/off button for 3 seconds or until it turns off.
- Turn the TV back on and make sure you see the LG WebOS logo.
What to do when your LG TV turns on but the screen is black?
Verify the connection is secure and retry:
- Unplug the external component (if possible) for 30 seconds.
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV and move it to an alternate port.
- Plug the device back in, and change the TV to the new input to see if the issue is resolved.