Why is my Mac not connecting to the projector?
If your laptop Mac stubbornly refuses to recognize the projector once you connect the two using the proper cabling and adapter, you may need to reset your System Management Unit and Non-Volatile RAM to clear out old or corrupt display settings.
How do I connect my MacBook to a projector with HDMI?
How to connect your Mac to a projector
- Plug your cord into the display output port on your Mac (Thunderbolt 3, USB-C.
- Connect the other end of the cord to either your projector directly or an adapter that converts the signal from your Mac to the correct input for the projector.
- Power your projector on.
Can you use a projector as a second monitor Mac?
To use the projector or monitor as a secondary display (“extend” mode), uncheck the Mirror Displays box and drag the displays in the arrangement window.
How do I share my computer screen with a projector?
You can project a mirror image of what is on your computer screen, or extend your desktop screen to the projected image.
- Hold down the Windows logo key on the keyboard.
- Press “P” to bring up the projector screen.
- Click “Duplicate” to share the image on the computer screen and projector.