Why is my optical output not working?
The optical cable isn’t securely connected. The optical cable may be faulty. Your TV isn’t updated with the latest software version. The connected third-party sound bar, or home theater system may not be compatible with your TV.
How do I turn on the optical output on my LG TV?
Press and hold [Settings] button from the TV remote control and select [Audio]. Then from [Sound Out] menu, select [LG Sound Sync (Optical)].
How do I get my optical cable to work?
How to Plug in an Optical Cable
- Check if the Optical Output Connector Has a Protective Cap.
- Find the Optical Input Connection on Your Home Theater Amplifier or Soundbar.
- Connect the Optical Audio Cable to Your TV or Cable Box.
- Connect the Optical Audio Cable to Your Amplifier or Soundbar.
- Turn on Your TV or Cable Box.
How do I connect my optical cable to my LG TV?